5-Day Immersion: Leak Detection Training
Join me for a week of on the job, custom-fitted training and instruction on leak detection, utility location as it applies to leak detection, meter mapping, pool leak detection, and smoke testing.
You will learn how to approach a leak detection job with a clear concise system. I will introduce you to each of the tools I use, and their use will be explained in detail in the field on actual leaks.
- Client interview – what questions to ask, proper listening technique.
- Leak identification – Is there an actual leak? Theft, miscalculation etc? Creating strategy.
- Isolation – can you minimize the area to be covered by isolating the leak search grid.
- Utility location – learn to locate your lines so you are not wasting precious time listening where the pipe does not exist.
- Listening for the leak – What are you listening for? What sounds can distract you? How can you change to medium to accommodate your desired outcome? What tools are most useful in what situation?
- Introducing tracer gas – When is tracer gas the best solution? How to introduce? What to avoid from a plumber’s perspective.
- Review of process and evaluation of evidence – Was the system followed? Does all evidence make sense? Do the pieces fit?
$3,750 for 5 days. This includes personalized instruction and use of specialized leak detection equipment during class. This does not include lodging. I am glad to suggest local lodging options that are close to my office as well as great food and entertainment while in the Denver area.