5-Day Immersion: Leak Detection Training
Join me for a week of on the job, custom-fitted training and instruction on leak detection, utility location as it applies to leak detection, meter mapping, pool leak detection, and smoke testing.
You will learn how to approach a leak detection job with a clear concise system. I will introduce you to each of the tools I use, and their use will be explained in detail in the field on actual leaks.
- Client interview – what questions to ask, proper listening technique.
- Leak identification – Is there an actual leak? Theft, miscalculation etc? Creating strategy.
- Isolation – can you minimize the area to be covered by isolating the leak search grid.
- Utility location – learn to locate your lines so you are not wasting precious time listening where the pipe does not exist.
- Listening for the leak – What are you listening for? What sounds can distract you? How can you change to medium to accommodate your desired outcome? What tools are most useful in what situation?
- Introducing tracer gas – When is tracer gas the best solution? How to introduce? How to introduce? What to avoid from a plumber’s perspective.
- Review of process and evaluation of evidence – Was the system followed? Does all evidence make sense? Do the pieces fit?
This includes personalized instruction and use of specialized leak detection equipment during class. This does not include lodging. I will pick you up and provide food for breakfast, lunch and dinner if we are working late. I am glad to suggest local lodging options that are close to my office as well as great food and entertainment while in the Denver area.